cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM-MDM "MDM users"

Former Member
0 Kudos

In review the SRM-MDM sizing guide, I see a sizing parameter for the number of MDM users (used to calculate fixed memory).

The guide's definition of an MDM user:

This is the user who is maintained in the URL of the catalog. The available MDM users can be seen in the MDM Console. Only those users who have a role Catalog User assigned can access the SRM-MDM catalog.

This definition is confusing to me as I am unfamilar with MDM and the MDM console. We are creating a separate MDM instance specifically for SRM-MDM catalog. Does that mean we would only have 1 MDM user?

In the example fixed memory calculation in the guide, it says "all connections to the Catalog are created for the same MDM user. 50 Catalog users will access the catalog concurrently." In the example the number of MDM users is 1.

Does this mean that the 50 users will connect to MDM through the 1 MDM user?

Can someone please explain MDM users and in what cases there would be more than 1?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michelle,

There are users and roles machenism in MDM for the security purpose of MASTER DATA.

We can create the users and roles in the perticular repository under the ADMIN Section via MDM Console.

This is the user who is maintained in the URL of the catalog. The available MDM users can be seen in the MDM Console. Only those users who have a role Catalog User assigned can access the SRM-MDM catalog.

In the Standard SRM-MDM Catalog repository, there is role defined name as Catalog User and some users name as User1 to 6 which has assigned the role as Catalog User.

Similarly you can create the additional user as per the requirement having role of Catalog User to access the MDM Catalog from SRM EBP.

Does that mean we would only have 1 MDM user?

No, you can have no of users as per the req.you only need to create the user via MDM Console in the specific repository.

Does this mean that the 50 users will connect to MDM through the 1 MDM user?

No, It means max 50 MDM users which are having the role as "Catalog User", can access the MDM Catalog concurrently.

I hope this will clear your doubt. If not, Kindly update us.

TNR,

Saurabh...

Edited by: Saurabh Kumar Sahu on Sep 5, 2008 10:48 AM

Tamas_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

the SRM-MDM has to be called either from ERP or from SRM. In these system you have setup the catalog call structure, where you have to define the catalog user. This user is meaned in the sizing guide.

Of course you can have a dinamical user determination in the BADI BBP_CAT_CALL_ENRICH.

Regards,

Tamá

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tamas,

Sorry but I don't quite understand what you are saying.

In the sizing guide, the catalog user is different than the MDM user. The catalog user is defined like this:

A catalog user is the user who actually accesses the Catalog. One access to the SRM-MDM Catalog via the Web browser represents one Catalog user.

My question is about the MDM user. Do you mean that in ECE and SRM you define an MDM user that calls the SRM-MDM catalog?