cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up the system on portal j2ee

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do I create the following ,

1. Set up a system on the Portal J2EE server on which the business package is installed. Assign the alias SAP_WebDynpro_XSS to this system.

Please give step by step information. I have already done with Jco for selfservice and HR.

I am facing the problem in portal while clicking on ESS tab.

-

The initial exception that caused the request to fail, was:

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDRuntimeException: ComponentUsage(FPMConfigurationUsage): Active component must exist when getting interface controller. (Hint: Have you forgotten to create it with createComponent()? Should the lifecycle control of the component usage be "createOnDemand"?

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.components.ComponentUsage.ensureActiveComponent(ComponentUsage.java:773)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.components.ComponentUsage.getInterfaceControllerInternal(ComponentUsage.java:348)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.components.ComponentUsage.getInterfaceController(ComponentUsage.java:335)

at com.sap.pcuigp.xssfpm.wd.wdp.InternalFPMComponent.wdGetFPMConfigurationUsageInterface(InternalFPMComponent.java:245)

at com.sap.pcuigp.xssfpm.wd.FPMComponent$FPM.changeToExceptionPerspective(FPMComponent.java:862)

... 60 more

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Will try ..

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Please check the forum for this topic

[/thread/991931 [original link is broken]|/thread/991931 [original link is broken]]

There are already existing posts on creation of that alias.

Kind regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried creating the alias in Portal> System Administration>System Configuration> System Landscape> And create a folder and connection ( which was already created for SSO and was working fine) just tried to add the system alias. But throws error.

Alias SAP_WebDynpro_XSS cannot be added because it contains an illegal character. Valid characters are: A-Z,a-z,0-9 and ._%~-()

If _ is not allowed then how can we make alias for ESS???