cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue of Quality Inspection for consignment return delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am doing a returns delivery(from a Sales Order) from a Customer Consignment.

I am getting a error when I do a Post Goods Receipt(PGI). QM is active for that material.

The error I am getting is

"Change the inspection stock of material XXX in QM only"

Procedure says

"Check both the QM inspection setup data and the movement type for material XXX in the quality management view of the material master"

The movement type used in the returns delivery is 655(GD returns for QI).

What is the solution for this error. Do I need to change/add new Inspection type based on the Movement type?

Please let me know ASAP.

Thanks

Regards

SAP Fan..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can read this link for inspection for customer return [Inspection for customer return|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/92/b808b1d52a11d2962200a0c930e04c/frameset.htm]

It looks the material master is set-up inspection type with 06 - returns from customer. Also the movement type 655 moves the goods into QI stock. In this case, the Quality personnel needs to change the inspection stock type using transaction code QA32. They will change the usage decision on the customer returns.

Once the change the inspection type is changed, you can do the post goods receipt.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shiva,

Thanks for your response.

The issue is the material master is not set-up for inspection type with 06 as the key. I know I might have to do the set up but I am not sure about the entire process.

Can you walk me through the entire process once I set up the Inspection type 06 for that material in the material master. What are the follow up steps.

Once Inspection type 06 is assigned and activated in material master wil I be able to PGR.

Let me know

Thanks

SAP Fan..

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If it is consignment returns then the stock goes back to the special stock. This stock is physically not in our control. Only during Consignment Pickup the stock comes into our plant and offsetting the special stock. You have specified that Consignment returns against sales order. If it is consignment return, it should be against consignment issue. Is it really a consignment process or a normal sales process.

Thanks,

Ravi

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Is it Consignment Returns (or) Consignment Pickup.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it is Consignment Returns(returns delivery from return sales Order)