Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Import ignores non data dictionary objects

former_member199351
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

A friend of mine gave me transport (co and data files) with some of his Webdynpro applications. The request was created as Transport of Copies. When I try to import it, the only thing that gets imported is data dictionary structures that he created, everyhting else in the transport log has this next to it: R3TR.... was not imported in this step.

Does anyone know to make the transport system not to ignore all other objects?

Thanks,

Alex

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

former_member199351
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The issue is now solved, and the transports are going in fine. It was a missing parameter SYSTEM_PF that I did not point correctly to profile.

the relevant OSS notes for this issue were:

Note 826779 - sapevt (Version 5): Security settings in the Msg.

Note 802172 - sapevt (Version 4): Release-independent version

Note 642464 - Profile file for the sapevt program

Note 374379 - Triggering SAPEVT from a remote host

Note 11661 - Event-driven call of background jobs does not work

Thanks to all for assisting with this problem.

Regards,

Alex

former_member199351
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I was able to get the the root of this problem. This issue is known and described under OSS Note 449270 - Job RDDIMPDP is not triggered by sapevt.

I found the following entry in log file SLOG0839.NSP:

ERROR: The following call returned with exit code 7:

ERROR: sapevt.exe SAP_TRIGGER_RDDIMPDP -t name=NSP

ERROR: Background jobs cannot be started.

ERROR: Please check trace file dev_evt.

dev_evt file has the following:

Wed Sep 24 11:54:28 2008

Trace File of External Event Raiser (Level=0, Append=1)

EventID: SAP_TRIGGER_RDDIMPDP

• ERROR ***: Cannot determine mshost

I carried necessary config and most of my objects got imported, but the transport still has Truck icon next to it and not a green check icon. The strange thing that I saw entries in dev_evt where the event was triggered successfully, but for the most part it shows the above error.

Does anyone know why this error "Cannot determine mshost" appears, even tough the system can trigger event SAP_TRIGGER_RDDIMPDP, and the background job RDDIMPDP was triggered as a result.

Thanks,

Alex

former_member199351
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have found the following info in the transport log:

4 ETW000 > including 'R3TRDDDD','R3TRDOMA','R3TRDTEL','R3TRENQU','R3TRMACO','R3TRMCID','R3TRMCOB','R3TRSHLP','R3TRSQLT','R3TRTABL',

'R3TRTTYP','R3TRUENO','R3TRVIEW','R3TRDEVC','R3TRPINF','R3TRENHD','R3TRSF01','R3TRSF02','R3TRSFBF','R3TRSFBS',

'R3TRSFSW','R3TRXINX'

4 ETW000 R3trans was called as follows: R3trans.exe -w C:\SAP\TRANS\tmp\Y7AH068639.NSP C:\SAP\TRANS\tmp\Y7AKK068639.NSP

It looks like many object types that are included in this transport are missing, such as WDYN (webdynpro).

Is there any place where I can specify object type that should be a part of transport system?

Thanks,

Alex

former_member199351
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

I really need to get this working, but totally stuck. I have imported Profile that came with NW7 Trial version. Can there be sme

parameter in the profile, that could be causing this issue?

Thanks,

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is your system set as Dev,test or production? try with overwrite originals options.

former_member199351
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have not set it to anything. It is a trial NW7 system with ABAP stack. Where would I go to change these settings?

Thanks,

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Setting can be changed in SCC4 , But try this and if it works post your message back.

Thanks,

George Rayi

former_member199351
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have made the settings in SCC4 identical to our real environment, but the issue did not go away.

Thanks,

Alex

former_member199351
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Did anyone else encounter this issue? I have tried everything I could think of, but could not find an answer.

Thanks,

Alex

former_member199351
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have also tried to import transport for Teched 07 examples posted on WebDynpro->Abap section and still faced the same issue.

Does anyone know how to fix?

Regards,

Alex

former_member199351
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The package (development class) was created by the transport along with data dictionary objects, but nothing else. I checked the package attributed, and there are no restrictions on object types.

Logs were the first thing that I checked and the only thing that is there for all missing objects is R3TR.... was not imported in this step.

It looks like the transport tries to import everything as data dictionary and therefore ignores any other object. Not sure what to do now.

I am using ABAP Trial Version of NW 7.0.

Thanks,

Alex

Edited by: Alex Trosman on Sep 4, 2008 3:40 PM

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Read the transport logs... the answer must be there.

regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am not sure but it seems to be missing development class which obstructs import of repository object other than ddic objects.

Please try to create the development class for which he has done this development.

regards,

Rajan