Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: No link to backend system at the moment

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am currently setting up our SRM 5 to link to ECC 6 backend system. When I add a request to the shopping cart, I encountered the following errors:

No link to backend system at the moment

Select a location to which a plant has been assigned

I have checked the config 'Define Backend Systems' and have everything set up probably. I was able to do search help on cost center for example and hence the RFC connection should be working alright.

Does anyone has similar problem before?

Regards

SF

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Finally found the cause of the problem. It is the setting in the 'Define Backend System' configuration. I didn't pick this up because I was concentrating on the settings for the ECC system but apparently it is related to the SRM system which has the wrong system type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am having exactly the same problem, did you sort it out. What was the solution.

Regards,

Abdul

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

No link to backend system at the moment - If you get this error in SRM , it means that your backend r/3 is not available for you. You can check it up via sm59.

BR

Muthu

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Did you check via SM59? Hope you could remote log in to backend system . As well check your RFC USER in SM59. Did you define locations in extended attributes for the plants? Hope you have mainted cost center in KNT attribute via PPOMA_BBP?

regards

Muthu

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, I have checked SM59 for the RFC destination that I have assigned in the backend system and was able to test the connection. I also checked the user and there was no error with the attributes that I have assigned. I have assigned the location to the user in the Extended Attribute section. Note that I have only replicated 2 plants over and not all the plants. By doing so, I have to set an indicator off so that I can maintain the extended attribute. Not sure whether that is causing a problem here. I will have to test again tomorrow.

Regards

SF

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SF

Please cross check your plants are maintained via Extended attribute . first supply the BP of Plant and put plant and map the back end logical system or cross check via web Settings--attribute . You must inherit plant here.

You can find the BP for plant in your slg1 log which you replicated plant via location report..

When you do Shop you amy get this error BBP_PD 358.Either no location can be selected or for the location that

has been selected ,no plant has been assigned for the executing system.....

plz send my business amil id screens on ext attribute with location...i can help you...

regards

Muthu

Edited by: Muthuraman Govindasamy on Sep 3, 2008 11:11 AM

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry Muth, couldn't get the system information to you as our system was down or very slow most of the time. Will try to get back to you next week if I can get into the system again.

But one thing I do notice is that when I debugged the system, the BE_LOG_SYSTEM fied is showing as the SRM system and not our ECC system. Any idea where that is taken from? I checked the attributes value in the org structure and it is alright.

Cheers!

SF

Edited by: SF on Sep 5, 2008 5:20 PM

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SF,

Yes. Please cross check whether your plant was assined to your company code in r/3 via EC01 as well as check yourshopping card company code might be incorrect.put correct company code for your corresponding plant. your plant problem will be resolved.

check your backend logical system and srm logical system or coross check via SCC4 or BD54 as well as check you have given same rfc name as logical syatem name and frc user has sap all profile.

Regards

Muthu

Edited by: Muthuraman Govindasamy on Sep 8, 2008 8:26 AM

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

This is to confirm that the problem is more related to the plant not maintained on the 'External BP Number' field of the BP record of the replicated plant. The problem goes away once we have maintained this field. My question now is why isn't the replication program populating this field automatically? Did I miss out some other steps in the replication?

Regards

SF

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can see the replicated plants in slg1 . Here you can see the business partner number for each plant in the log.

or check bbp_locmap table.

However you might be mapped in extended attributes via locations.

check before ordering the sc, plant and company code data in th basic data. if this combination is incorrect. it will not allow you to shop. it throws error message.

regards

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Muthu is right

for Classic , the requisitionar has to have 'location' (plant) attribute in extended attribute

without that he will not able to create SC.

The plants after replivation from ECC will be available in table bbp_locmap

the report is BBP_LOCATIONS_GET_ALL

when the value is entered in ex attr the BP no shld be auto picked up.

The matl shld be present in that plant in ECC

BR

Dinesh

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi! I have to reverse what I said earlier that the problem is resolved by maintaining the external number via tcode BP for the plant. I removed this number and test again and it worked. It must be because of other settings which make more sense to me as I do not remember have to set that number in the other version of SRM that I worked on. I tested in another client with similar setting and am getting the same error now so I have another env to work on to find out the cause of this.

I have checked SLG1 and the plant was replicated correctly. It is also shown up in the BBP_LOCMAP table.

On the shopping cart screen, I can see the plant defaulted and am able to pick and choose among the other plants so at this stage I do not really know what causes the error in the first place.

Will come back with a solution when I finally get one.

Regards

SF