cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pending tasks of WF-BATCH after SWU3 fix

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on ECC6.0. We have the following situation.

The SWU3 with proper authorizations for WF-BATCH was configured and was running fine till last week. But, during some system build activities, something went wrong and WF-BATCH got locked. And so, all the background processes pertaining to wflow got affected.

In this, one of the situations was, an approver approving work item from Portal. We had a workflow instance started 1 week back and the approver just approved the task. And the wflow log shows that the witem was approved (with container element _RESULT = 001), corresponding to decision choice 1.

After this the next witem needed to be generated and the next step is a background task(to be done with WF-BATCH itself).

But, due to WF-BATCH locking( the "Configure RFC Destination" tab was NOT OK), this didn't happen.

Now, our Basis fixed this by resetting the pwd for WF-BATCH. But, the creation of next work item and also the next step of background task,both are not getting picked up automatically.

My understanding is that this is normal as the WF-BATCH DOESN't AUTOMATICALLY pick up all the pending witems (like generating next witem, performing background tasks et.,).

Is this correct ?. IF not, can somebody explain how it works.

Also, in situation like this, what's the solution to generate the next work item ?

=========

To be more clear, actually what happened was, though the work item status is shown as COMPLETED, it's result has not actually not got processed by WF-BATCH as it should at the end of any workitem action.

Can somebody tell me how to fix this kind of issue.

==========

Thanks in advance

venu

Edited by: Venugopal Jogi on Sep 2, 2008 9:30 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you are correct, after unlocking WF-BATCH, the stuck tasks will not be picked up automatically.

Normally these workflows will show up in SWPC and you can continue them from there.

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Martin,

Thanks for your reply. But, my question is, what and how can we tackle the witems that are struck.

For example, in my case, the user has already taken decision from Portal side and he got a message that the approval task was successful and the witem is gone from his UWL. But, during this time, WF-BATCH was locked and so the "Result Processing" step that was done at the end of every witem execution, didn't happen. And hence the next witem also was not generated. But, if you see the wflow log, the witem status says, "COMPLETED". But if you expand the log for this step, then only we can see that the "Result Processing" was not completed by WF-BATCH.

In this situation, will the SWPC be useful in troubleshooting the COMPLETED witems ? Pl clarify. I don't have access to SWPC right now and will definitely explore this.

My biggest concern on this is, let us say, we have somany TRIP's in the middle of the approval process and the managers have already approved from their end. But, if the WF-BATCH is locked and no one noticed for a while, then it'll be a big task to identify each of these witems and Re-process them, even with SWPC,Right ?

Please update on this.

Thanks

venu

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes SWPC should be useful in this situation. This transaction will show you workflows which are stuck after a system error and this qualifies. It isn't task based but workflow based.

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Martin,

Thanks a lot and SWPC should be a saver.

Problem resolved..

Thanks

venu

Answers (0)