Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Historical data upload question

former_member666941
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

I would be interested in hearing how companies have uploaded historical sales data.

Basically, I want to capture sales billing data without the GL postings.

If anyone has done this, I would appreciate your opinion !

In particular, how they did it(LSMW,ECATT,etc) and how difficult it was.

Does SAP provide any type of standard tools to do this?

In our company, we mainly use SQ01 sales reports as our main reporting tool.

So ideally I'd like to get the data into the VBRK/VBRP tables so I can continue using the same reports.

We are looking at uploading about 1.5 years of data (only looking to upload by customer/product/monthly so its not that much data)

The method I was contemplating was upload data via a SD debit memo. The pricing procedure linked to the DM would be set to statistical, and would not create a accounting doc at VF01.

I would also set CO-PA so it creates a CO-PA doc. I was able to set this up in a test environment and was wondering if anyone has ever uploaded like this?

The drawback to this is I cannot do any analysis from CO-CCA or EC-PCA.

Not the end of the world, but would have been nice. Are there other methods to capture? If anyone has any thoughts, I would appreciate hearing from you.

Regards

Nanarin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

claudia_neudeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I close this tread because the last action was before two months

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure if you had explored SIS (Sales Information System) a subset of Logistics Information system. Transaction MCT0.

Basically SAP has standard SIS structures that are pre-configured in the system mainly for reporting purposes. If the SAP reports do not meet your needs, it is possible to create your own self defined analysis reports (customized Tables S501 thru S900) .

Addiitional information:

Menu Path:- SPRO -> IMG -> Logistics General -> Logistics Information System -> Logistics Data warehouse -> Updating -> Updating Control -> Settings Sales -> Statistics group.