cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SubReport Parameters reflect Main Report

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a report based on a Parameter Date Range {?SelectDate} and this main report includes 2 subreports that I also only want this date range to report.

Is there a way to have the subreports pull the same date range records other than setting up a parameter prompt for each report? I would like the user to only have to enter one date range for all three reports (one main report, and two subreports, that is).

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

create date range parameter in both the subreports and link the main report date range parameter to subreport date range parameter by right clicking on subreport--> change subreport links. Now the main report will pass this date range to the other two subreport without prompting.

Regards,

Raghavendra.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

I too am trying to link 2 sub-reports into a main report with parameters. When I right click and change subreport links, when I go back to the main report and refresh, it still shows me the parameter fields for the 2nd and 3rd reports (the sub-reports). Do you have any suggestions as to what to check to see what I am doing wrong?

Pam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you linking the main report parameters to subreport parametes? do not link any database field from subreport. For this uncheck the check box subreport fields and link only parameter fields in subreport

Regards,

Raghavendra.G

Answers (0)