Crystal Reports Server XI Installation
We just purchased Crystal Reports Server XI for Crystal Reports Professional and I want to install it minimally as I think we may have "overbought"; that aside, the big question is where do I go from here to put this on our servers w/o impacting current applications?
- we have a Windows network with Windows 2003 Small Biz Server and a 2nd server with Windows 2003 Standard running Terminal Services.
- goal is to allow 1 main user to create reports from Quickbooks using Crystal Reports while they are on the Terminal Server
This breaks down into the following questions:
1) do I need to install the server portion at all? or can I just install Crystal Reports Pro via the CLIENT installation on the terminal server?
2) if I do have to, I'd rather use MSDE already installed but how should this be set up?
3) what impact will this make on the SBS web server which we are already using for OWA and Remote Web Workplace?
Any tech docs/manuals that you could link me to would be appreciated as well.
A 5 named user license of CRS comes with CR Pro. If you have 5 or fewer people accessing this there was no need to buy it at all. That said, if you only want one person to be able to run "on demand" reports then there is no real need to install it.
If on the other hand, you want to be able to schedule reports to run automatically or have other users access reports via the web interface you will need to install it.
If you want better specifics, close this post and re-post it in the BusinessObjects Enterprise Administration forum: