cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request regarding cross posting

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had several problems regarding installation connected to Java and so I didn't know where to post it. Since most of the installations are same, I thought of posting it in couple of different places and one of the postings was locked by the moderator. However, now I don't know how to close it since the issue is resolved but still the locked posting shows up in my "YOUR QUESTIONS" list.

Now since there is a limitation for any user to have 8-10 postings open at any given time, will this locked postings keep me from posting in future.

If the moderator can close these locked postings, I would appreciate it.

Also I would appreciate if you can please let me know where to post the installation or BASIS Admin related issues since I couldn't find any suitable area reserved for such questions.

Thanks

Ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

POst the link here and ask the moderator to unlock it so you can close it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response

Unfortunately the URL field is not showing the right URL. So I am just pasting the message and the moderator info which should be enough to unlock my posting.

============================================================

Uwe Schieferstein

Forum Points: 9,312

Re: What are the different ways to send ZBAPIs to a different location?

Posted: Jan 5, 2008 8:23 PM in response to: Ram Prasad E-mail this message

Hello Ram

Do not open the same thread in different forums.

Answer: see

Regards,

Uwe

===============================================

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ahh... I see that I fixed the wrong thread.

Well.... you asked so many ZBAPI related questions in the forums at that time that it is no wonder they were locked...

I fixed this one as well.

Note : Cross-posted threads are in most cases all deleted (which resolves this problem), unless the question is "okay and has a discussion / information value" in which case 1 copy only is left and the person only needs to be made aware of "the rules" in future - or when an interview spammer hits the forums; then it is very usefull that the system can bring them to a halt (at 10 questions limit).

Hope you are happy now and can close this thread as well... which leaves you with a full 10 (different) questions...

Cheers,

Julius

Edit: PS => I am a bit sad that you closed the thread so quickly. I was about to get started on an idea I have to be able to "mirror" good quality interesting threads to multiple forums which they "touch". I often see threads with both a technical and functional aspect... but for that we first need to get the noise levels down...

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Sep 2, 2008 7:45 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Julius for your help. I appreciate it a lot.

Ram

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I closed the status of the thread JAVA install on Windows thread for you. I recommend posting it to and then I will delete the copy. If that fails after a while, then ask a mod to move it to . Also, have you tried a search in either of those 2 forums?

Please avoid cross-posting. Many people are now aware that abusing cross-posting will be deleted, so when they see that you have cross-posted and realize that their answers will most likely be locked or even deleted as well, then they tend to avoid such questions. This is particularly true when the person asks many easily searchable questions without answering any others (symptom: 0 pionts).

I have certainly noticed that the knowledgable people do that => so you can control the quality of the answer.

Cheers,

Julius