cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create Marketing Attributes in CRM 2007 WEB UI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I'm currently working on a CRM 2007 implementation project. We want to use the WEB UI instead of the SAP GUI but I cannot find where to create Marketing Attributes. There is an option to create Attribute Sets but not to create Marketing Attributes. I have looked around in the different profiles that are predelivered by SAP (BP_SLS_EMPL, BP_SLS_MAN, BP_MKT_EMPL, BP_MKT_MAN, etc).

I'm hoping that someone can tell me where to look because we don't want to use the SAP GUI only for creating Marketing Attributes.

Regards,

Jacques

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Arno-Meyer
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

The maintenance of new Marketing Attributes can be done in the WEBUI. Use a Marketing Profile and you will find the Entry u201CMarketing Attributesu201D on the Marketing Work-Center Page.

The name for the Component is: ATRAE_SET.

Best regards

Arno

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

CarstenKasper
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am surprised to here this.

Even with CRM 4.0 it was designed the way that you create marketing attributes in a marketing attribute set. Standalone would be bad for reporting and could be kind of hard to filter on the UI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I followed your discussion.

How can create an attribute list to make the new attributes available in the segment builder?

Kind regards

Werner Frost

klaus_brengel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

currently there is no WEB UI application to create data sources and/or attribute lists for the segment builder as this step is considered to be customizing. You will have to use the SAP GUI transaction CRMD_MKTDS to do that.

Kind Regards,

Klaus

CarstenKasper
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I just confirmed in the WebUI that the procedure stated here is correct.

Open using one of the marketing profiles.

Then go to the marketing workcenter page.

Here select Marketing Attributes in search column.

The search mask appears and on top of the table view there is a NEW button.

This brings me to a form that lets me insert:

An Attribute SET. As you can not have marketing attributes hanging in the air without attribute set.

Right below are two table views. One names Attributes, one named Values.

In the first one you put your new attributes and in the second you can maintain fixed values for them.

cheers Carsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten,

thank you for your answer.

Is this new with CRM 2007 or just the fact that I'm using he WEB UI?

I just did a CRM 5.0 implementation and I was able to create attributes without having to link them to an attribute set right away.

Regards,

Jacques

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for your answers.

I can create Attribute with that link. Unfortunately, those Attributes have to be linked to an Attribute Set.

Is there a way I can create the attributes without linking them to an Attribute Set. That is what I'm looking for. Where to create the Marketing Attributes that will be linked to Attribute Sets.

In the SAP GUI, we use CRMD_PROF_CHAR.

Regards,

Jacques

Edited by: Jacques Jean on Sep 3, 2008 2:47 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacques,

Once you click on Marketing in Web UI you will find "Marketing Attribute" in the Work Area.Click on that.

You need to give ID No. and Attribute Set name.

You need to mark Persons and Organisation checked also.

Below that you will find 2 blocks " Attributes" and "Value"

Under Attribute gve your Attributes Names you want to define ( e.g. Age,Salary or any client defined..) then select the Format ( Numeric or Chracter etc...)

Once you have filled in all the Attributes you click on one attribute and below you need to fill the Values ( e.g 20-30 yrs etc...) . If you want to make that value a default one you can select default check box against each value.

That way for each attributes you can define values. Hope this would help you.

Regards...

Edited by: akscrm akscrm on Sep 3, 2008 2:19 PM