cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conditions in workflow not responding

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all!

I have a question about the behavior of the conditions in a WF, because when a WF is triggered, the conditions are not responding. The thing I have to do is go to SWUS and test the WF from beginning to end and then the problem is gone. Why is that?.

Regards IA

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When is this happening and at what system? Is it after you transported changes to a QA system or on the DEV?

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arghadip: Do I have to create a wait for every task in the WF or is it only one?.

Martin: It happens on the DEV. We've not transported this to QA yet.

Regards.

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the workflow log when it is not working are the container elements used in the condition populated? If not check what kind of element it is. Maybe you need a wait step, but normally 2 seconds should be enough, and then you only need one at the beginning. But what do you use in the condition?

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've checked the log an in every condition appears a message: "Branching via condition, Result: False". I'm using in my container elements only single numbers, like 0 or 1 depending on "true" or "false".

Regards

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And how are these values set?

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've set the values in the container element data types, as "Structure: SYST", and "Field: INPUT", properties: import and export. No initial values.

Regards

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But how are these fields assigned a value in the workflow container?

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a user interface developed in Visual Composer, which sets the value in the container element depending on user's decisions.

Regards

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And you are sure the values are set when the workflow starts, or at least when the workflow reaches the conditions?

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, 100% sure. I've read the container after the execution of every elemnt in the interface and the values are being set correctly, this is why is so odd =/.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

It depends on the element that you are using. It may happen that you are using an element whose value does not get populated when you are triggering from standard Tcode. May be it is timing issue. Just create a wait for step that executes a task that executes the method "WAIT up TO 100 seconds"

Thanks

Arghadip