Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Date Axis Stacked Area Charts

Hi,

I'm just evaluating the full version of Crystal Reports 2008 having had some frustrations with the design restrictions in the basic version that ships with Visual Studio 2008. Particularly important to me is the design features for charting data. A lot of the charts I need to build have daily data points and the dates for these data points are represented as labels on the X axis. My problem has been that when you try and build a report with several months or more worth of data points the X axis is getting way too crowded even to the extent of being unreadable with overlapping labels. I've noticed in the full version that there is a date axis chart type whereby you can alter the scale of the X axis e.g. to only show a date at a frequency once per month or greater resulting in the X axis being readable. This seems to work great for line charts etc, however one of the charts I need is a stacked area chart and unfortunately I can find no options / chart types that allow me to scale the dates on the X axis. I've seen there is a date axis chart for area charts, but there is no option of having this chart type as stacked. I know you can also skip data labels in X axis group options, but the max I can skip is 2 and so that doesn't really help me either.

Is there any way of achieving a stacked area chart with a scaled date axis in Crystal Reports 2008? If not it seems to me that the lack of this feature is a real omission from the product. Even Excel charts can handle this type of chart and I would imagine Crystal Reports charts should be more advanced in its charting capabilities.

Any help or recommendations would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Mark

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question