cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assignment of filter to planning function in integrated planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts

I am a bit new in Integrated planning and have a following conceptual question regarding filter object in IP

In IP it seems that filter is a substitute object for planning package in BSP.

I however do not see any possibility to assign filter to a planning function except in a planning sequence. I would however imagine to have a functionality to dynamically select the filter when i want to execute a planning function via application (excel based or Web).

It seems that filter is not even required if a planning function is executed seperately (not as part of planning sequence).

I have tried to execute a simple copy function without having any filter at all and it works.

Could someone pls. explain me as to the conceptual difference between object filter and object planning package.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Filter is indeed used in IP similar to how planning package was used in BPS. There really is no difference 'conceptually'.

What you have seen is the different options IP offers compared to BPS regarding planning function execution. You can execute planning function directly or using a planning sequence in an application (although in planning modeler, its only a planning sequence that can be executed, for eg., for testing purpose).

If you just execute a planning function without specifying any restriction, it will operate on the entire set of planning data. Whether its a planning sequence or planning function, the data it operates on can be restricted by binding the various characteristics (or variables) using various DPs in the application. What kind of dynamic selection are you looking at?

You can see following links if you have not read them already -

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/43/f0f8dc73b56bede10000000a11466f/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/44/33a31fd463060ce10000000a155369/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/43/f0f92373b56bede10000000a11466f/content.htm

These are for WAD; you can find similar links for the BI Analyser.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mayank

thanks for your help.

Your explanation seems quite right. I however tried to create a dataprovider of type filter with parameter Initialize with as Filter(SELECTION_OBJECT) and then when press the input help to assign the filter, I am able to see the filters but all of them have a small grey circle icon on the left which probably means that they are not active or for some reason not ready to use. If inspite of this I try to select the relevant filter, this value is not transfered to the field. The field for filter just remains empty. What I am able to do is enter the value manually in the field. but even doing this I get an error at the later stage when I want to use this DP for a planning function (simple).

Would you know what the reason could be ?

Thanks again.

Gudu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually I have hardly used the data provider of type filter, so am not really sure what could be causing your error.

If you are able to solve the issue, please do update back the thread.