cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IW32: Assignments deleted from service order after editing operation number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP gurus,

I have a problem with a service order containing muiltiple operations.

When I change the order in IW32 and I edit the operation number of only one operation, the assignments of ALL the operations and suboperations are deleted.

Can anyone tell me if it's normal behaviour to delete assignments from operations when they are edited? Or is there a way to avoid this (apart from not editing the operation positions)?

Thanks in advance and kind regards,

Jermey!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The assignments are deleted whenever one of the operations is edited. This can be:

- changing the operation position to reorder the operations;

- deleting one of the operations;

- making changes in the component list of one of the operations.

The result is always the same: all the assignments of all the operations are deleted.

The problem seems to be a lot bigger than it appeared at first. We asked SAP for support and they are trying to solve the problem right now. It seemes that the MRS add-on causes the assignments to disappear.

Update:

SAP created a note to resolve this problem. It's note number 1255589.

Anyway, thanks for your responses.

Kind regards,

Jermey

Edited by: Jermey Krul on Sep 30, 2008 11:34 AM

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Note [1255589|https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=1255589] - MRSS: Requirement assignments deleted after changing operations

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jermey,

When are they deleted:

- at the point you change the data

- when saving the order

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

generally this will not happen,

did you tried to assign new task list to the order?

like going to extras and selcting task list, then system will delete th eold data and gives new one.

pl give detaisl what all the steps you have followed

-ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jermey,

This is not a normal case. Can you tell me if any message is given when you edit the operation & after that the other operation were getting deleted?

Also tell me what steps u are following sothat i can replicate the steps & also case & then able to reply you properly.

Regards