cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to CRM, need help with Connection

former_member220077
Participant
0 Kudos

Can somebody point me to documentation that would help me connect our CRM system to both a BI and ERP system. I also need to enable the portal content, Configure SAP CRM UI and TREX configuration for Campaign Managment Scenario. Any help pointing to the doc would be great, would like to learn how to do this.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Click here for the best practice guides which guide you step by step through your scenario:

http://help.sap.com/bp_crmv250/CRM_DE/html/preconfigured_crm_scenarios.htm

Regards, Kai

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member220077
Participant
0 Kudos

I appreciate the responses, when you do the "Maintenance of Logical Systems" there's 2 entries in there, looks like 1 is for BW, and the other is for SEM? Is there something specfic I should put in there for an ECC/ERP system? Or the name doesn't matter?

MKTPLBW

MKTPLSEM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

the parameter name for ECC is MKTPLR3.

as said in the help for the definition of the target system:

"The entry MKTPLR3 is only relevant for online integration. For the integration type Middleware, the destination is determined from the corresponding site attribute in the middleware settings."

I hope it helps.

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Each system (the R/3 and the CRM) have their own logical system assigned when set up. When you connect them, you need to maintain the R/3 entry in CRM and vice versa, because the logical system is the definition of where the data is originated.

So you need to log on to the R/3, and maintain the value for the logical system of the R/3 client in the CRM customizing table and vice versa - have a look at the guidelines above, it is described in detail in the connectivity guide.

Regards, Kai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Regarding the connections to ERP and BI you will find the information in SPRO.

In CRM: Launch SPRO->SAP reference IMG->Integration with Other mySAP Components->Strategic Enterprise Management->Define Target Systems (ERP, BI, SEM, CPRO)

There is an help, it explains how to configure your connections.

Regarding the portal, CRM UI and TREX I think you should refer to the installation guide on SAP Marketplace-> SAP business Suite Application-> SAP CRM-> select your CRM version.

I hope it helps.

Yann