cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structural Authorization and MSS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

My question is it necessary to have Structural Authorizations for MSS role to work on portals? I have heard that its not require to have structural authorization for MSS. The MSS role (without structural authoriation in backend) will work correctly on the basis of what ever is in the Org Structure of that Manager. The MSS role will use evaluation path O-S-P.

Personaly I can't think of having MSS role work without Structural Authorizations in the backend. Please clarify!

Regards,

Ahmad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no need for implementing Structural Authorizations to implement MSS.

You will only need Structural Authorizations if you want to restrict the manager to see the data related to particular group of employees under him ( say direct reports only )

Hope this helps.

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Sameer and Ravi.

Regards,

Ahmad

former_member206403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

MSS: Authorizations and Roles for ERP 2005

This note contains the authorization objects and the default values defined for the Human Resources applications in Manager Self-Service (component EP-PCT-MGR-HR).

Regards

Sameer

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

McF
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

For HR Authorization in general you should have a look at Note 902000 and the attachments.

Regards,

Michael

former_member206403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

There is not requirement of structural auth. for MSS , the standard MSS role is enough to handle , but please refer to SAP note mentioned in the IMG guide of MSS on MSS security.

Regards

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sameer,

Could you please let me know the note number ?

Regards,

Ahmad