cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.net connector 2.0 connectivity to SAP 3.1H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, connector 2.0 keeps breaking my connectivity to SAP.

I have done a clean win 2000 install, installed SAP DCOM Connector and VS Studio .NET 2003 Enterprise Architect.

Connectivity to SAP works (using DCOM connector web interface).

Once I install SAP .NET Connector 2.0 I can't establish a connection to SAP. Using server explorer in VS.NET and DCOM 4.6D I get the following

"connection closed without message (CM_NO_DATA_RECEIVED)"

or

"SYSTEM_CORE_DUMPED occured. P1=5"

any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately 3.x is not really supported by NCo (SAP .NET Connector). It seems that even request for the list of functions or business ojbect causes ABAP to crash ("Core dump").

You can try if it works at least with functions (not BOR). Or you can try to create the proxies from a "newer" system with the same functions in it (e.g. 4.0B or 4.6C) and then use the generated proxies with your 3.x system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info Reiner.

One question on this approach.. When the .NET Connector is creating the proxy, is it only concerned with the input and output parameters? If so then is it acceptable to run the proxy on a "newer" system with an empty function (that has the right in/out params)? I'm trying to call a custom BAPI.

Thanks again in advance!

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, exaclty. The important "Metadata" are name and type of paramters and for all structures the name, type, offset, length and precision of the fields. If this DDIC information is available in the newer system and equal to the old one, it should work.