cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate column when export to excel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi - I have a very simple report onto which I have squeezed a lot of columns. It's all very tight and one of them is truncated on the report.

When I export to excel (using the excel - data only option) and open the s/sheet, the 7th columns appears twice in the detail but only once in the header. Consequently all of the subsequent headers from column 8 are above the wrong column! Any ideas what is casuing this and how I can prevent this duplicate column? It's only on the report once...

Crystal 2008 btw...

And If I run this on the BO XI 3 Server, and export, I get the same results.

Cheers,

Lee

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lee

Please try the below options while exporting your report to Excel Data Only from Crystal Reports 2008 Designer Stand Alone Application:

1. Click on File -> Export -> Export Report.

2. Select Microsoft Excel ((7-2003) Data Only from Format and Destination as Application.

3. Click on Ok.

4. You get Excel Format Options. Choose Custom: Data is exported according to Selected options. Click on Options.

5. Choose the options required like Column Width, Export Object formatting.

6. Export the report.

Hope this helps!!!

Regards

Sourashree

Former Member
0 Kudos

hmmm - still get the same problem no matter how I format it. I started from scratch using the report wizard and it automatically squeezed all of the columns on the report page very neatly - troublee is it is unreadable on the screen although it does export OK. The other problem is that I can't get the screen wide enough to be able to view the results - the largest paper source I have avaialbe is A3. This is never going to be printed, so how can I get the available report area wider?