Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

How to assign Action to multiple Users dynamically in GP

Hello Experts,

I have the following scenario in GP

I have created a Web Dynro GP Callable Object and from my Web Dynpro i need to a pass a list of Users to which a particular Action needs to be assigned.

I am able to return a single value from web dynpro to gp.

Can some one help me how to return a list of users to gp.

I have done the following: In the getDescription method I have added an attribute of multiplicity 1_N:

IGPStructureInfo outputStruct = technicalDescription.getOutputStructureInfo();

IGPAttributeInfo list1 = outputStruct.addAttribute("List1", IGPAttributeInfo.BASE_STRING);

list1.setMultiplicity(IGPAttributeInfo.MULITIPLICITY_1_N);

then in the complete method I am trying to set an Arraylist to this variable:

IGPStructure output = execContext.getOutputStructure();

output.setAttributeValue("List1", userList);

Here userList is an Arraylist which contains the list of User Id's..

However I get the following exception:

com.sap.caf.eu.gp.exception.api.GPInvocationException: Multiplicity of attribute with name List1 and namespace null does not allow single values to be set/received

at com.sap.caf.eu.gp.structure.impl.GPStructure.setAttributeValue(GPStructure.java:114)

Can someone help me in knowing how I can return a list as an output parameter to GP from Web Dynpro...

Regards

Sundeep

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi Sundeep,

Can you try one thing. You have already created a structure in webdynpro with cardinality 1..n.

Now add the unique id to the structure itself. Since structure itself is having cardinality 0..n.

Then in mapping map this unique id to the User Identifier. In that way cardinality will match. This is exactly what we have done.

Hope following this solves your problem.

Thanks and Regards,

Srinivasan Subbiah

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question