Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

report via WD java

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts!!

I have the following requirement:

the client has 2 abap queries in the R/3 and wants to display the results of the queries in the portal.

The developement technique we are using for the portal is the WD for java.

Is there any way i can do this using RFCs??

Can i have multiple lines in the output of the RFC??(If for example i had the result of the queries in an R/3 table can i use it ??)

Thanx for your answer in advance!!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Iria,

If you need just to display it on the iView, you can use a Table in Web Dynpro. It is easy, and you can create it based on a wizard, referring to the node that you want to display. You will need to create a model of your RFC (it is recommended one Model for each RFC), map the nodes that you need to your component controller, and map these nodes to your view. And, of course, you will need a method to call these RFCs.

But, if you need to print it, I recommend you to use a Interactive Form element. Basically, you include it in your view and work with repeatable subforms, to display the info that you want to.

Regards,

Douglas Frankenberger

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep and thank you for your answer!!

I used to be an ABAP developer, so ABAP will not be a problem.

My problem is the way i handle the result of the RFC with java.

So far i have only used RFCs that return an attribute node(from the WD point of view, export parameters from the ABAP point of view). Within the WD i instantiate this node, so i have the result of the RFC.

But how can i handle the multiple lines if for instance the RFC returns a table??

Thanx in advance!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have a look at this

Regards

Ayyapparaj

PradeepBondla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do it. you need to take a help of ABAPer.

where ABAP guy will create a RFC and make remote enable.

which you can use from WD java using Adaptive RFC model.

yes you can handle multiple line of output from RFC.

PradeeP