cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REG: Bex query designer 3.5 and Bex query designer 7 verison

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

In my project work , Queries in 3.5 verison is transported from Production server to sandbox server which is in 3.5 verison server and I need to verify whther it was copied completly from production server including selectioon screen values.

But by mistake instead of checking queries in 3.5 verison ,I have checked query in 7 version and I have made some changes and saved it in Sandbox server.

But the condition is user should access only in 3.5 verison server and changes shd not be done.

When i tried to open the same query in Sandbox in 3.5 verison now,I am getting message as the query was changed in 7 verison and cannot be opened in 3.5 verison query .

Can you please guide me what i need to do to open same query in 3.5 verison without error message.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi hema,

Once you have changed the query using 7.0 it cannot be opened in 3.x anymore.

But, in emergency cases of occasional migration of a 3.x query or query component, the existing backup version can be restored using ABAP report COMPONENT_RESTORE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since I am BW consultant ,Can you please inform me using this abap program ,how to resolve my problem to open query in 3.5 verison .

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have not done it myslef. Please run the program in SE38.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much .I have resolved this issue that day itself .

Answers (0)