cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: jxl/format/CellFormat

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Experts,

i m trying Excel export and import functionality for this i m using jxl.jar ,but when i m deploying my application i m getting java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: jxl/format/CellFormat

how to resolve this problem.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think jxl.jar is missing at server side..

Take one Library project and add jxl.jar to it, build and deploy.

Add this as library reference to your WebDynpro project.

To do it,

RightClick on yuor project> properties> WebDynproReferences> choose LibraryReferences tab> Click on Add> Now give the name of Library project here> Ok--> Ok

Regards

LN

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

namrata_d
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Trilochan,

Since the jxl.jar files are not present on the server it is giving ClassnotFoundException. To make this available on the server you can create a server component file which contains these JARs and then deploy them on server. Accordingly you can add it in Library Reference.

Thanks

Namrata

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it depends whether you are using JDI or not. If you use JDI, you only have to create an External Library DC and add the jxl.jar per Drap&Drop in Navigation panel to the DC. Add the file also to the public part. In the Web Dynpro DC add the External Library DC as used DC and deploy both DCs on the server.

The only error you can make is to deploy the components using "Deploy new archive and run..." -> this command won't deploy the jar and you have the same result as now. You have do build & deploy it step-by-step (Development Component -> Build..., Development Component -> Deploy).

If you don't use JDI, perform like described by Lakshmi.

Regards,

Martin