how to send the part of a machinery for Repair
My scenario is like this,
I am purchasing a machinery called Galvanizing plant. So in my Asset master it is maintained as Galvanizing plant.
But that Galvanizing plant having 1000 number of small small parts in it.(for example)
If i want to send a spare part of a material from this Galvanizing plant, how do i send?
I know if i am sending any part out side the factory for repair work i have to make service PO.
In my case i have not defined the 1000 ancillary parts of the Galvanizing plant any where.
How to define these parts of machinery ? ( it is not FHMI)
Please advice me.
Thanks & Regards
Process Flow: -
You can do this via Subcontracting Process Cycle if you want to track the stock of material.
1. MM01 - Create Material Master for every Spare Part / Machinery to be sent to Vendor for Repair as Non-Valuated (Material Type UNBW instead of FHMI ) (Do not extend Accounting and Costing views since you don't require postings of Stock value and consumption values, you only want to track the Service/Repair Charges)
2. MIGO - Goods Receipt > Others (Receive the quantities of these materials using Movement Type 501 / 511)
3. ME21N - Create Subcontracting PO with Item Category L (Here Main Material and Component will be same material)
4. MB1B - Transfer Posting w.r.t. Subcon PO (Mvmt Type - 541, Spare Part stock will get posted to Vendor Stock)
5. MB90 - Take Print out of this Material Doc as Returnable Gate Pass (U need to configure Message Determination of Inventory Mgmt)
6. MIGO - GR against Subcon PO (101 - Receive Spare Part, 543 O - Consumption of Spare Part form Vendor Stock)
7. MIRO - LIV for Service Charges w.r.t. Subcon PO
Else if you don't want to track the material stock then follow the Service Process Cycle
1. ME21N - Create Service PO (With Item Category D and Account Assignment Category K )
2. ML81N - Create Service Entry Sheet w.r.t. Service PO
3. MIRO - LIV for Service Charges w.r.t. Service PO or Service Entry Sheet
For Service Process, refer following link;
[SAP External Service Management|http://www.sap123.com/showthread.php?t=52]