cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes to shopping cart during approval.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are running the N-Step approval workflow WS14000133.

The issue we are having is when an approver makes a change to the shopping cart during approval (Task TS10008126) we would like this to trigger the step that sends the cart back to the requestor to check/approve(Task TS10008061).

The desired behaviour occurs if the approver makes a change to the price, but not if other aattributes of the shopping cart are changed such as the vendor or the description.

The workflow determines if the cart should be passed back to the requestor based on the approve_or_reject flag in the approval task container. This variable is set to 4 when the price is changed, but 0 if other attributes are changed.

The security level for the approver to 'High' so that the workflow does not restart.

Is there any way to control what changes to the shopping cart will cause the workflow to create the task for the requestor.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Approver's security level must be set to '2' if you want to send back the shopping card to the requester.

Regards.

Michel

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is not strictly true. If the approvers security level is set to 2 - Low the workflow will restart but because of the way the approvers have been configured, the requisitioner is not an approver, so setting the approval level to low does not create a task for the requisitioner at all. If the security level is set to 4 - High and the change is made to the value then the workflow behaves as desired.

The desired behaviour is for the workflow to continue, but to follow the route that goes to task TS10008061 which creates an action for the requisitioner.

What I need to know is if there is any way to get this to happen for changes to fields other than the value.

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is something wrong here. Either we are not able to understand your question or you are mis phrasing the question.

Are you saying WF should continue regardless of any change or it should not ?

Settings:

2 - Alwasy restart

3 - Conditional restart

4 - Do not restart

Regards, IA

Former Member
0 Kudos

What I am saying is that I want the workflow to continue and it is. This is not the issue. I am happy with the way that the security level is working.

The issue is that I would like the workflow to send a task to the requisitioner for ANY change that is made to the shopping cart. The standard solution will only send a notification to the requisition if a change is made to the value of the cart.

We need to pick up all changes such as the description or the vendor.

If you look at workflow WS14000134 you will see that after the approval step there is a decision step that will route the workflow to the notification to creator task or by-pass it. This is based on a variable that is set by the approval task. If the value is changed the value is set to 4, but if the vendor is changed then the value remains as 0.

The question here is 'Can we influence the way that this approval state variable is set?'