Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to send the part of a machinery for Repair

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

My scenario is like this,

I am purchasing a machinery called Galvanizing plant. So in my Asset master it is maintained as Galvanizing plant.

But that Galvanizing plant having 1000 number of small small parts in it.(for example)

If i want to send a spare part of a material from this Galvanizing plant, how do i send?

I know if i am sending any part out side the factory for repair work i have to make service PO.

In my case i have not defined the 1000 ancillary parts of the Galvanizing plant any where.

How to define these parts of machinery ? ( it is not FHMI)

Please advice me.

Thanks & Regards

Bala

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Without creating it as a material or equipment(it need not be an asset), you cannot do logistics transaction.

Create a PM order with control key PM02(external processing) and issue the material to PM repair order. During PM order release, system will create PR for servicing the same.

In above process there will not be any record ofm gate pass and ect as it is a piece of equipment.

One more way is defining it as material and assignment the required component to BOM, then you create a subcontracting PO...you can have the correct data in logistics.

Come back if you need more help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajesha

The client is not implementing PM module. That's why i am looking for an alternative.

Which material type should i use? and whether i should keep stock for that materials?

Please advice me.

Thanks & Regards

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok

Material type HALB should be okay.

In MRP 2 view...give the special procurement key as "subcontracting" so that system will create subcontracting PR which can be converted to PO.

Create a BOm with usage 1 and all the parts required for repair.

The process is subcontracting PO where you can enter the cost of repair in a condition type.

pl come back if required

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the idea sir.

But the problem is, when i am purchasing the Asset i am putting the total value of the asset including all the ancillary parts.

So if i maintain these ancillary parts as HALB, once again the value will be added.

If i go for UNBW material type what will be the implecations?

Please correct me.

Thanks & Regards

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Non valuated materil type UNBW.

First try to understand asset and material no are not linked as you are thinking. Asset may be a plant and material no may be a spare or a piece of equipment.

Yes you can consider this as a UNBW material type, but you need to understand that the material will not be valuated at all.

If you are concerned about only qty, then fine you can goahead with this type.