Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BDC background run error but frontend is OK

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

I have trouble to run a BDC for TCODE F-53, I use SHDB ti record a BDC, and I can run it in MODE A (frontend), and successfully return a document number.

But when I run it in background mode, an error happens.

The field " reason code" in reqiuired in our system. I DO input the field in the BDC and record it. but when run background, it always said, miss "reason code".

Is there anyone have the similar situation like me? And What is the solution??

Thanks for your help in advance.

Ned

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BDC causes problem in background due to sevral reasons.

Am replying only by assuption.pls check in sm35 may be there many session are already running. so your session des't get chance to create another session.if it is so than just delete few session and set the priority 'A' to your session.and try.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just check this... When you have recorded BDC in SHDB... process one record from here itself in foreground as well as background and check whether it is getting posted correctly. What ever happens in this SHDB, the same way it gets posted in the program.

0 Kudos

Thanks. All these tests are in SHDB. these Three MODE ( A, N, E )

0 Kudos

I test Mode P too. the error happen too in MODE P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For more information, I test the SHDB in mode E (error) , the record is OK too.

The error only occured in MODE N.

0 Kudos

There are many reasons for that in detail. Mainly the batch processing is not always the same as running in foreground. in HR the integration of the organizational management is alway off in BDC. Another reasin might be an exit which checks sy-batch in your case. You can not do anything against that, sometimes you have to accept the "works as designed".

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BDC causes problem in background due to sevral reasons.

Am replying only by assuption.pls check in sm35 may be there many session are already running. so your session des't get chance to create another session.if it is so than just delete few session and set the priority 'A' to your session.and try.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply.