cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External transaction types to bank posting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We need to develop new external transaction types to bank posting.

The entries given are:

Transaction Type | External Transaction | Sign | Posting Rule |

How to do this?

Thanks,

Swetah

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

use this path--, if you are interested in knowing the path.

SPRO - Financial Accounting-Bank Accounting-Business transactions-payment transactions-Electronic bank statement-make global settings for EBS

If you require more details , please explain

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Thank you for your reply.

I have checked in " Assign External transaction types to posting rules", now i have to create the given combination of Transaction Type | External Transaction | Sign | Posting Rule |

Before that, do we need to create these seperatly?

I have just checked, the Posting rules are already created.

Like that do we need to create External Transaction and Sign?or can directy give while creating conbination of these?

And also, please give any link or explain electronic bank statement.

Regards.

Swetha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shwetha,

I have checked in " Assign External transaction types to posting rules", now i have to create the given combination of Transaction Type | External Transaction | Sign | Posting Rule |

First you create account symbols

2. assign account symbols to GL accounts *masking of GL is done here. the below link gives you explanation as to why masking is done

3. create keys for posting rules

4. define posting rules

5. create Transaction type (whether BAI1 or MT just naming convention)

- a) assign external transaction types to posting rules (for the Transaction type you assign the external transaction types which are nothing but the Standard transaction types defined by the BAI or MT ex 009, 071, 175 etc

6. Then lastly you assing bank accounts to the Transaction types

SAP defined Standard posting rules already exists you can create based on your client's req.

External trasnaction types are define by SAP the one not defined by SAP you can create them by assigning the correct posting rules and sign (incoming/outgoing) and specific posting areas.

refer the below link for complete details of EBS

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a97fa590-0201-0010-04ba-beed13d6...

http://www.sap-topjobs.com/bankreco.pdf

hope the above clarifies your doubts with regard to EBS.

regards,

radhika