cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCP Protocol with XI?

0 Kudos

Hi, we have to communicate with a site using SCP as the file transfer protocol. Can this be done with XI? Is there a special adapter needed or available? Does anybody have done communication with a SCP site and has a solution for it?

Just questions, but I hope that somebody has an answer. Thanks a lot,

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184154
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Here's a list of all known adapters...

http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000626433

No trace of SCP.

I would "copy" (or draw my inspiration from) the file/ftp adapter and extend it with a Java implementation like JSch (http://www.jcraft.com/jsch/). Interesting job

Alex

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

I looked at the Java implementation link regarding JSch and it actually would be an interesting job! Nevertheless, since we do have not much time as mentioned before, I think that we gonna stick with the communication agent solution for just now.

Thanks,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi! I have worked on a similar scenario and have used XI adapter for that purpose. It would be better if you can provide me more details about the scenario you wish to implement.

With Best Regards

Tamoghna

0 Kudos

The scenario is that we are sending daily two flat files with order and invoice information out of SAP to that customer as well as picking one file up to be loaded into SAP daily.

The customer has a server setup for communication using the SCP protocol. We basically have to access a directory on this server and retrieve the one file and post the two other files.

We actually do have something of a solution now, by using an intermediary communication server that can do SCP. On there we run a Win/DOS script that gets the files in/from the XI in/out folders serving as a communication agent.

We are on a tight schedule, and this is probably the easiest solution for just now.

Thanks,

Daniel