Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using ABAP_BOOL within an RFC call

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello @ll,

I have created a RFC function and I need to use the parameter in my interface (import and export) with "TYPE ABAP_POOL. However the system doesn't allow this with the message "The ABAP_BOOL is neither know nor allowed" even though I have the statement: TYPE-POOLS: abap. in my coding. Does anybody know why and how can I correct my entry.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

valter_oliveira
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why don't you simply use a variable of type char1 (same thing of type ABAP_BOOL)?

Regards,

Valter Oliveira.

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It should be TYPE-POOL abap .

Regards

Guru

0 Kudos

with TYPE-POOL I got the Syntax error and it suggest the TYPE-POOLS itself

valter_oliveira
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why don't you simply use a variable of type char1 (same thing of type ABAP_BOOL)?

Regards,

Valter Oliveira.

0 Kudos

You are right, but I just want to know why it doesn't work with the type-pools

0 Kudos

Ok. For that you cannot declare the type-pools in the function itself. If you do that, you can only use it in data declaration in the FM code.

If you want to use it as a parameter, must use TYPE-POOLS: abap in top include of function group.

Include LZFMGTOP (for function group ZFMG).

Regards.

Valter Oliveira.

0 Kudos

Thank you for your respond.

I have already declared this in the top include. But it doesn't work.

0 Kudos

That's very strange. I used it here and worked. In top include using type-pools: abap and then in the FM, add a parameter called test TYPE abap_bool. Check that you are using the correct include.

In FM coding appears:

FUNCTION ztest.
*"----------------------------------------------------------------------
*"*"Interface local:
*"  IMPORTING
*"     REFERENCE(TESTE) TYPE  ABAP_BOOL
*"----------------------------------------------------------------------

ENDFUNCTION.

Regards.

Valter Oliveira.

0 Kudos

is the processing type of your function checked with "Remote-enabled" ?

regards

Kami

0 Kudos

well, I think I don't deserve those points, because no ... I didn't use RFC FM, just FM.

With RFC it creates a new include LZFMGV01 that somehow doesn't have a main program (which would have a top include). I'll try to find how to create this main program that contains LZFMGV01.

Regards and good luck!

Valter Oliveira.