cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Usage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to know abt item usage.I know tht we define it n then assign it on VOV4.

As it helps in determining the item category but how n where this item usage exists .

As OR + NORM = TAN

OR + NORM + PSE1 =TAX

So my question is,where this item usage PSE1 comes from tht changes the item category TAN to TAX.

Plz clarify.

Best regards,

Ankur

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe your question has been answered... Usage is information that is preset in the system (comes with the SAP installation), which has certain routines written for it.

These control the item category on the basis of WHAT the material is doing in the document.

e.g. in your case, usually the material is treated as Standard, to be delivered (inclusive of picking and PGI).

When the Usage is set as PSE1, it becomes a Service item with delivery (TAX), which allows you to PGI without picking.

This is the functionality of Usage.

Cheers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

But if i maintain my own usage type, where will i maintain those routines ?

Regards,

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Item Usage comes from CMIR, i.e Customer Material Info Record.

the usage in item category determination explain the scope of work use of a document item.... document item can be further clasified as text item, standard item, value items etc.. each kind of item has its own usage... like if it is an service item it will be be relevant for delievry, text item is not relevant for pricing......

so we can say that usage control the use of of certain doc. item in doc. process......

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there anybody who can justify my question ?

Best regards,

Ankur