cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock Determination Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have already defined stock determination grp & rule and it is working smoothly but.....

While issuing material to production agst prdn order thru MIGO tcode, I will be getting batches in LIFO basis, it should be on FIFO basis. ( First In First Out)

How to configure the above setting, please suggest the way, waiting for your reply

Thanks in advance

Sameer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First create characteristic in CT04 for Batch Creation Date, under "Addnl data", enter Table Name MCH1 or MCHA (As per Batch Class 022 or 023) and Field ERSDA and save it.

Assign this characteristics in CL02 in your Batch Class.

CU70 - Create a Sort Rule and specify the Characteristic of Batch Creation Date and activate "Ascending" indicator.

Now assign the Sort Rule in MBC1 and keep Selection criteria as "O" for the Strategy type.

Now do batch determination in MIGO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello pankaj,

Sometines it is taking batches in ascending order and sometines it pick in the middle.

I think it is not properly working. I have done as per your instruction only.

Please suggest another way or solution

Sameer

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether batches are created on same date but on different time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The batches are created in diffrent dates.

But as per stock overview (MMBE) at the time of GI in MIGO. its takes from middle or from last batch Not as per FIFO.

So please sugges me how can i take it as per FIFO.

Please reply me its very crucial issue for me.

Iam on line.

Thanks

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to MSC2N and here under "Classification" check whether Batch Creation Date has been updated automatically by system or not? If not then check the characteristics you have created has which Table MCH1 or MCHA

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Please try of this below:

Step - 1 Create Characteristics

ZLASTGRDATE - Date of last goods receipt

Transaction code CT04

Step - 2 Create Characteristics

ZBATCH - Batch Number

Transaction code CT04

Step - 3 Create a class MRO_BATCH_FIFO_CLS

Transaction code CL02

Step - 4 Add Characteristics ZLASTGRDATE and ZBATCH

Step - 5 Create a Condition Record Batch search Strategy

Step - 6 Select Plant and Material Key combination - Enter the Material code

- Select selection Criteria save and come back

- Select Sort rule as Ascending and Enter the validity rule

Step - 7 Assign this class to the material in Classification view

Step - 8 Post a Goods Issue for the material, and when you enter batchnumber enter * and press enter.

Then you will observe how system propses the quantities based on the batches and GR dates in FIFO order.

Well these are the steps noted but try these in quality. Once results satisfied then proceed in production.

Regards,

Syed Hussain.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

stock determination is one thing, but you work with batches and want issue the batch FIFO, so you have to setup batch determination as well.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/25/283aac4f7811d18a150000e816ae6e/frameset.htm