Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning paramter must be fully specified

rainer_hbenthal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have a class with two type definitions (protected)

t_x

and

t_x_tab type standard table of t_x

In Addition i have a protected method with a returning parameter of the type t_x_tab, but the compiler gives me the error:

The type of returning parameter must be fully specified.

I do not really understand this error. method and typ definitions are only used inside the class, thats why they are protected.

Why i'm getting this error`?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

matt
Active Contributor

You've not actually fully specified the parameter - the type is still in a generic form.

t_x_tab type standard table of t_x with non-unique key table_line

is the full specification. You get the same trouble when you try to construct deep tables. You must specify the key, otherwise it's not a fully specified type.

Note, for importing/changing/exporting parameters, generic types are permitted. Just not for returning.

2 REPLIES 2

matt
Active Contributor

You've not actually fully specified the parameter - the type is still in a generic form.

t_x_tab type standard table of t_x with non-unique key table_line

is the full specification. You get the same trouble when you try to construct deep tables. You must specify the key, otherwise it's not a fully specified type.

Note, for importing/changing/exporting parameters, generic types are permitted. Just not for returning.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are passing the table as the passing parameter then, as the typing you will have to pass a Table type....

Example....

t_x_tab type (table type) tt_x.

This will remove the error.....

Regards,

Kunjal