cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what's difference between sapgui and IE when adjusting table column width

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I got tables and ALV tables in page, user wants to change the width of column by dragging with the mouse at runtime.It works in internet exploer but not in sapgui.Is there any way i make it work in SAPGUI?

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Lei

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you running a Web Dynpro application within a HTML control inside the SAPGUI.

Yes.

Are you running the EnhP1 already?

yes.

What kind of table column are your refering to?

Both Alv table and normal table can adjust the column width in IE.Neither ALV table nor normal table can work in sapgui.

Thank you very much!

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Is this the same application running in both? In order to be able to adjust the table column width you have to set the fixedLayout property on the table. Are you setting a width on the table? If so is it a percentage or a pixel value? The HTML container inside the SAPGUI is technically not supported by SAP for running Web Dynpro Applications. You are supposed to spawn a new browser window. It might be that the width can not be calculated correctly internally because the browser is embedded as a control within the SAPGUI, you might try setting a fixed witdth for the HTML container.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this the same application running in both?

Yes

you have to set the fixedLayout property on the table.

yes

Are you setting a width on the table?

yes,it is set to 100%, and one of the width of the tablecolumn is set to 30%

The table is in a transparent container, you mean i need to set a fixed width for the transparent container?

Thank you very much!

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I am unable to reproduce the problem you describe. I have a WDA application running within the SAPGUI HTML Control (via the Parameter Transaction WDYID). I have an ALV that is set to have a fixed layout. It is within a tray that has a width of 100%. The columns resize perfectly fine for me.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tjung/2829752747/

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Some more details will be needed. What do you by SAPGUI? Are you running a Web Dynpro application within a HTML control inside the SAPGUI. What kind of table column are your refering to? Table column resizing within Web Dynpro ABAP is not supported until 7.0 EnhP1. Are you running the EnhP1 already?