Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-Interactive PDF Form scenario without rthe need of ACF

zbynek_kabrt3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

i have a question for you. I implemented Dynamic Non-Interactive PDF Form scenario and it works fine. But ... If some user wants to generate the PDF form it's necessary to install Active Component Framework on his computer. Problem is that some users doesn't have admin permissions on their PCs and they are not able to install ACF. Do you have any idea how to walk around the problem? For example generate and save the PDF somewhere on server side and then offer download link to end-user....

Thank you in advance for every reply!

Best regards,

Zbynek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zbynek,

Solution is simple, opt for the ZCI forms which do not require any installation at client side and are platform independent.

Refer to below notes for more info:

Note 1055911 - Creating ZCI based interactive Forms in Web Dynpro for

Note 1042394 - Updating Interactive Form template with ZCI capability

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Arafat

zbynek_kabrt3
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you very much, that sounds good! I tried to apply the Note 1055911 and it works but some problems with rendering of the form appeared. The form is displayed as empty and it is shown correctly just for a second when i scroll browser window.

Do you have any experience with that?

Regards,

Zbynek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zbynek,

Whats the Adobe Reader Version that you are using?

ZCI forms works fine with Adobe Reader 8.1 or above.

Regards,

Arafat

zbynek_kabrt3
Participant
0 Kudos

I use Adobe Reader 8.1.2 so I think the problem will be somewhere else.

There is written

Step-1: In NetWeaver Developer Studio (NWDS), set the "displayType"

property of your Interactive Form UI element to "native"

instead of "activex".

Step-2: Use the Web Dynpro specific controls from the "Web Dynpro

Native" library to design your interactive form.

Step-3: When the application is developed completly, build and deploy

the application on SAP J2ee engine.

Step-4: Run the application without having the ACF installed on the

browser machine.

in the note 1055911. But I think that we use some controls from other libraries than Web Dynpro Native (step 2). Do you think it could be the problem? The Web Dynpro Native library contains very reduced set of controls.

Regards,

Zbynek

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Zbynek,

Check the application in 8.1.1, my guess is probably 8.1.2 is still not fully supported for Interactive forms.

Also you can use the controls from other library like Standard etc, its only when you want add WD specific depending on the type of the form you select it from either WD Native or WD ActiveX library.

Chintan

former_member189058
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zbynek,

The UI elements used on the form should belong to web Dynpro Native/Active X library depending on the display type of the form.

Display Type is a form property.

In the WD view where you have embedded the form, check for the property display type.

Regards,

Reema.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zbynek,

When using ZCI(Native) forms, you can use all the UI elements available excepth those in WD ActiveX Controls library.

Regards,

Arafat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zbynek,

i am facing this problem as well.

The form is displayed as empty and it is shown correctly just for a second when i scroll browser window.

Did you manage to solve this problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zbynek and SAP noob,

i am facing this problem as well.

The form is displayed as empty and it is shown correctly just for a second when i scroll browser window.

Did you manage to solve this problem?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi zbunek,

I am having an requirement to create dynamic non interactive adobe forms. could you please me how to create for dynamic data.

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check ZCI script. If you didn´t insert one, insert it. If you inserted one, check its verison, update if possible. Check the language. If the form was created in English and is printed in German, then there is no layout. Layout is language dependent. Double check the Reader version.

P.S.: open your own thread, do not hijack old threads.

Otto