cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subreport display issue in crystal report server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear expert,

I have done a report(2008 version) include sub-report. When it was uploaded to crystal report server(2008 version), the sub-report can't be displayed.

How this issue can be fixed? Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member230846
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

I would start by testing this on the BOE server in Crystal Reports designer first. Please confirm if data shows in Crystal Reports on the server.

Is the database connection on the server pointing to the same database that the report was created against on the desktop machine?

Regards,

Wallie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wallie,

Thanks for your reply!

First, the data can be displayed in this report. However, only the sub-report can't be displayed.

Second, main report and sub report should be connection to one SQL database.

Third, consultant of BO told me that it's maybe different version between design and server.

Regards,

Bill

former_member230846
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

To clarify, did you test the report in Crystal Reports designer on the BOE server? Does the subreport display data in CR designer on the server?

Which section is the subreport in, details section, report header, group? Is the section suppressed? Is it a drilldown subreport, in a drill-down section, or in the open?

Regards,

Wallie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wallie,

I didn't test the report on BOE. Just test the report in designer and crystal report server.

As you said, it's a drill down report. The sub-report belong to details section. This section was suppressed.

Regards

Bill

former_member230846
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Is this issue resolved? If the section is suppressed that means that section will never show as suppressing it equals no drill-down.

Depending on your reporting needs, it sounds like you need to build your report in a different way for drill-down to happen.

Regards,

Wallie

Answers (0)