cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Posting period error message while QM inventory posting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am having a situation where the client is not able to make the UD for inspection lots because of the postinng period message.

Now as there might several backlogs in the previous month I have suggested the client to make the posting on 31.08.2008.

I need to ask one question:

But in case of UD for inspection lot the 'inspection END Date' is picked from the inspection lot.

So, whenever the user is trying to do UD he is getting the message that " posting only possible in period 2008/05 & 2008/04.

To avoid this error I suggested the user to change the "insp. END Date " in the inspection lot i.e. QA02 to 31.08.2008.

Is this the right way

Please advice.

Regards,

Vivek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member608385
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Vivek,

Babu Singh is absolutely right that you have to ask FI/CO person to open current period so that the Stock Posting and Document Date as wel as UD can be saved.

Further if you want to post the Stock in Back Date ( For Example if you are working on 1st Sep. and want to post stock on 31.08.2008) then you have to go to Inspection Lot Stock Tab----> Click on 'DOC...' (Posting Date, Doc. Date) Then you can change the date as per your requirement.

I Hope that it will solve your problem.

Please close the Thread if you get your answer.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i think your current period in the system is 05/2008 means august 2008.

and september already started so current period becomes 06/2008 so system should not allow you to post in september. you have to open current period.consultant MM consultant

Soloution: if you are posting through usage decision then you have to go to QA12 in stock posting tab there is tab document click on that tab and enter posting and document date 31.08.2008 there.

system will allow you to post.

Regards

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So, whenever the user is trying to do UD he is getting the message that " posting only possible in period 2008/05 & 2008/04.

As per the above error posting only possible between 04 and 05 month with any date (Change the date Inspection stock posting tab document header). Bcz your client period closing and opening not done after the above month.

If you want post the stock with latest date first you have to ask to your client or MM / FICO consultant to open the period on current month then only it will allow to post.

For any query revert.

Reagrds,

S.Babusingh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Babu

Is't possible to change the date in stock posting tab in UD(QA11)

Can you plz explain in detail

(I thought system will post the stock on today's date and posting date can't be manually changed

but MIGO we can change the post date. May be I am wrong)

Thanks

Sami