PriceList Name on Item Master Screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

SELECT T0.ItemCode, T1.PriceList, T2.ListName, T1.Price

FROM OITM T0

INNER JOIN ITM1 T1 ON T0.ItemCode = T1.ItemCode

INNER JOIN OPLN T2 ON T1.PriceList = T2.ListNum

this query i get say eg ABC Item all the 10 price lists Names. But if you see in item master, Item ABC, you will see only one price list name displayed. How to get that name in the query for that particular item ABC. Since that is the default pricelist name displayed on Item master screen. How to get that name.

Regards,

Murtaza

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

use this query

SELECT T1.[ItemCode],T1.[PriceList], T2.[ListName],  T1.[Price], 
T1.[Currency], T1.[Ovrwritten], T1.[Factor] FROM [dbo].[ITM1]  T1
 INNER JOIN  OPLN T2 ON T1.PriceList = T2.ListNum

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sridharan,

this query is giving me a recorset of all the records, i want that pricelist name which displays me on the Item master Screen.

Regards,

Murtaza

Former Member
0 Kudos

The query is based on the Pricelist and Pricelist amount that is set in the Item Master.

Can you explain in detail what you are looking for?

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murtaza,

If you mean you want to know a default pricelist (or price) of a certain item, there is no default price per item if you look for the price for a certain item in SAP B1. Pricelist in business partner master data --> payment terms tab --> price list that will be used by system in a document to state the price list of a certain item. In the item master data, all the pricelist are listed there.

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to ONLY capture the value which displays me on the screen ie only one record of each price list name againts each item.

Is there is any link from where i can get the displayed value ie the pricelist name a item.

Eg if i have 20 Items in Item master, so the should be 20 default price list attached to each item, which is seen on the the screen when ever you navigate to all these 20 items. I am talking about the the visual pricelist seen for each item and not all the price list attached to one item.

Regards,

Murtaza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to ONLY capture the value which displays me on the screen ie only one record of each price list name againts each item.

Is there is any link from where i can get the displayed value ie the pricelist name a item.

Eg if i have 20 Items in Item master, so the should be 20 default price list attached to each item, which is seen on the the screen when ever you navigate to all these 20 items. I am talking about the the visual pricelist seen for each item and not all the price list attached to one item.

Regards,

Murtaza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create a UDF in the Item Master and assign the following 'Formatted Search Query' to the UDF:

SELECT T1.[PriceList], T2.[ListName],  
T1.[Currency], T1.[Price] FROM [dbo].[ITM1]  T1
 INNER JOIN  OPLN T2 ON T1.PriceList = T2.ListNum 
where T1.itemcode=$[oitm.itemcode]

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Murtaza,

As you could see by drill down the pricelist in the item master, one item can have more than one price list. It is okay because SAP B1 is designed for sales and distribution company.

If you see in the price list (module inventory --> pricelist), you will have many items in one pricelist by double clicking a certain pricelist. There are base price and unit price.

so, if you want to to ONLY capture the value which displays me on the screen ie only one record of each price list name againts each item, you must create a UDF named default price list. Using query formatted search, you will be able a visual dflt price but you must consider that the UDF will only show one pricelist. So, in the query, you must select one pricelist.

Here is the query:

SELECT distinct T0.[Price] FROM ITM1 T0  INNER JOIN 
OPLN T1 ON T0.PriceList = T1.ListNum 
WHERE T0.[PriceList]  = '1' and  
T0.[ItemCode]  = $[oitm.itemcode]

in the above query, there is only one pricelist used for one item, so I suggest you to use only one pricelist.

For existing item, after the FMS assigned to the UDF, you need to perform shift+F2 job to make the price of the pricelist appears in the UDF. For new item, there will be no available. you must also update it anymore.

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you are misunderstanding the way price lists work for the items. There is no default price list for an item. There is only a default price list for a business partner. An item can have as many different prices as you wish. You may want to designate one price list as the "default" or primary price for all items, or - as others have suggested - create a UDF to specify a default price list for each individual item. But the way the price lists are displayed on the Item Master screen does not indicate anything. Usually the price list you see is just the first one in the alphabetical list. If you select a different price list, the display will stay with that price list as you scroll through the items. Close the window and re-open it, and the original price list is displayed.

This behavior would be easier to understand if SAP displayed the price list prices for each item in a grid instead of a drop-down field. Usually a drop-down indicates that you need to choose one option. But in this case, all options are available at the same time, and you just select the one you want to see as you view or change the different prices.

I hope this helps.

Marcia

Answers (0)