cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

use of View in NWDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

can i use a view of another project into my project ? If yes, how ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi akhilesh,

You can use views of two differet projects into one another.

For this you have to create Development component project,where in you can make packages public and can use them.

Steps:

1) First create Development component Project.

2)Create the layout(view,controllers) in corresponding packages.

3)Now while context mapping make use of Interface controller.Bind the views and controllers, which you want to use in another project, to interface controller.

4)Now GO to the DC in webdynpro explorer and open the project.In DC Metadata there is one folder Public Parts.In that create new public part and make the view and controller packages public .

5) In another DC Project ,go again to DC Metadata Folder>DC Definition>used DC.and add the the public part here.

This way you can make the view and controllers public

Regards,

Prajakta

Former Member
0 Kudos

can i change a local project to developement project ? How ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes you can change the local project to DC.

Go to

File>New Development Component Project>Local Develoment>My Components>give the name and select webdynpro-->next....

Now in this screen there is check box..Import content from exisiting local project ,check that.It will enable the dropdown just below it.

Now there select the local project which you want to make DC(provided it should be open in webdynpro explorer).And finish.

This way you can change..

Regards

Prajakta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you can convert a local project to DC. The steps are:

File->New->Development Component Project-> My Components->Give the details for ur DC Name, Caption, domain and select the type as Webdynpro -> Click on Next-> Now select the check box Import content from Existiong Local Project ->Now from the drop down select the proejct that you want cretae as DC.

This will create the DC from the existing project.

Or

1) Create a New DC

2) Copy the src folder of your project to newly created DC

3) After copying the src folder close the DC and open it agian.

4) Reload the DC.

Thanks & Regards,

Jhansi Miryala