cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration repository question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have imported an RFC definition to the IR.

I need to create a "message type" and "message interface" according to the RFC parameters.

How can I do it in the easiest and fastest way ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elad,

you need not create the Message Type for RFC as it can act both Message Type and Message Interface.You may/may not create Message Interface for the same.

Cheers,

Rashmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi,

I know I don't need to create MT and MI, but in this case I need to do so in order to expose a partial interface of the RFC.

The problem is that this particular RFC receives and returns a lot of parameters and it would take forever to build the DT and MT for these parameters, I am looking for an easy and fast way to create them.

Thanks,

Elad.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Elad,

//I know I don't need to create MT and MI, but in this case I need to do so in order to expose a partial interface of the RFC.

In this case,you can explore the possiblity of having an external XSD definition for the same, and importing it and using it for your Data Type.

I am not sure if there is any other way to do the same.

regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

That's what I thought, but there are some problems with that, because the external definition's import uses the RFC namespace and actually creates a copy of the already imported RFC.

Elad.

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Elad,

What I understood from your query is that you want to create the MT (input_MT & output_MT) for the imported RFC. You can create an external Definition for the same.

Double click on the imported RFC. Go to wsdl tab. Copy the XSD inside that (starting from <xsd:schema xmlns:xsd.... ) and save it in a notepad. At the beginning add <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?> and change the targetNamespace to your scenario namespace and then save it as .xsd file.

Now import this XSD under external definition and you can use it as a MT.

Regards

Suraj

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elad,

You dont need to create a message type for the RFC function which you have imported. For the message interface when you take the help of the possible entries you can select the RFC function name whether its a request or a response.

Cheers

JK

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Elad,

for an RFC, <b>you do not have to create a DataType and a Message Type</b>. All you will have to do is to

is to create a MessageInterface and for its Message Type, just click and drag from your imported RFC and it will import the requisite Message Type.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Bhavesh