cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MTO Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Our's is MTO scenario. We have maintiain Account Assigment Category as 'M' in Requirement Type. During creation of production order with ref to sales order system gives error "Account assignment cannot be carried out because of different origin no."

If I create the production order with ref to quotation system does not gives any error. But my requirement is to create the prod order with ref to sales order.

Please guide

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Manoj_Mahajan78
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bala,

Define a requirements type for the item category of the quote as not make-to-order and the requirements type of the item category as make-to-

order. This means that you cannot use the strategy group and the MRP group,

since the material is the same on the quote and the order, so the same make-to-

order requirements type will be determined. You must use the item category and the MRP type. For the quotations item category, indicate make-to-stock, and for the order item category, indicate make-to-order requirements type.

Regds

MM

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem might be due to the quotation also passing the requirements. Always in MTO, the sale order should pass the requirements to production and not the preceding documents. So, check the requirements type triggered in your quotation. Your system should be configured in such a way that requirements should not be passed to production from quotation.

Regards,

GSL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear GSL,

YHes ideally the requirement should be passed from Sales Order & not from quotation. I have check the schedule line & item category settings but still the same is not working. In tcode md04 I can see both Quotation & Sales Order.

Please guide.

Regards,

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then there is a problem. You should be getting item category as AGN and schedule line category as BN in quotation. You can set up the determinations properly. If this is done transfer of requirements will not take place and quotation will not be seen in MD04. Your problem will be resolved.

Regards,

GSL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Same Issue here.

Any solution on this.

Reply ASAP.

Regards

Sriram.S.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to trigger the requirements type from the sales side and not from the strategy group in the material master. In the SPRO menu path SD>BF>Av Check and TOR>TOR>Determination of requirement type using transaction, for the combination of your quotation item category and MRP type give requirement type blank and Origin as 1. After this setting is done, create the entire cycle and check.

Regards,

GSL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear GSL,

Thanks Dude . It Works.

Regards

Sriram.S.