cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picking Request number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I'm a SAP SD beginner. I have some question about SD document flow as following,

sale order xxxxxxxxxx

. delivery xxxxxxxxxx

.. picking request 20080808

...billing xxxxxxxxxx

As you see the picking request no. is generated when picking the delivery with both t.code VL02n or VL70

- vl02n -> the number is system date.

- vl70 -> is sequence number.

I just want to know that, where in SAP, does this picking request no. keep in,

Is there any table (except table VBFA) structure ?

Is there a relationship between delivery and picking request ?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

If WH (Warehouse) is active for your plant, then we need to process picking through a TO Transfer Order LT03. Then the picking req num will show in the doc flow of the delivery. When you create a TO, then we need to confirm that. Only then picking will be updated in the dleivery. It will also

You will know it by checking in SPRO --> Entriprise Structure --> Logistics execution --> Assign WH to plant & storage loc.

If WH is not active, then we can just process picking without any TO. Just go to VL02N, enter the picking quantity manually.

Regards,

Sivanand

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peter,

we do have this picking request scenario. I am not sure how it was created. I asked the users too, there is no answer. The number shown against picking request is nothing but the date of creation only.

In the example you gave 20080808, is 2008 year, aug month and date 08.

if you get the answer how it was created let me know.

thanks

Venkat Cheedalla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks so much for the above answers.

anyway, they're still not the answers I wanted

I give you guy a further info >>

There is no Warehouse management in this sale process. So the transfer order will not be created.

I would like to know that in standard SAP, where is the picking request number stored? I've tried to find this number in SAP table. I can only find this number in table VBFA.

Is there any other SAP table that store this number??

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Peter,

Plesae check with the transaction SDPI for Picking request number range maintenance.

I hope it will help you,

Regards,

Murali.