cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Session Not Ended Immediately in Backend Causing ENQ Lock

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a customized effort logging program running under Portal. When the user decides not to save the change and just click "logoff" from portal to exit without change.

Normal Situation:

Normally, the user session will be terminated immediately in backend once the user logs off portal. This will then automatically clean up all session buffer and application ENQUEUE via ABAP webdynpro Controller routine.

Problem Situation:

Occasionally, it is found that the session is not terminated immediately in ECC backend system. The session still exists in ECC under SM04 and the previous ENQUEUE still exists in the ENQUEUE table under SM12.

When the user logs back into the portal to perform the effort logging again immediately after, the application will have error complaining the employee still locked in the ENQUEUE table by the previous transaction.

Such leftover session will be automatically cleaned up by ECC backend system after 30 minutes timeout. Even no action is done, the user can resume to the Effort Logging function after 30 min. after the record is locked.

Mahesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe this issue is to do with session management.

1.You have to advise users to logoff from portal by clicking on logoff icon .

2.In case they click on some items like appraisal under Ess and try to comeout without saving the item.It locks document and users needs to release document either clicking on cancel .

3 . If users does not follow it ,it may lock their document and next time when they login,they will get the message like document locked.Then user admin require to kill the hanging session in sm04.

In my point of view ,this is a procedural issue then technical.

Let me know if you have some better solution as I have the same issue in my environment and little users training helped

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Amit