problems of upgrade
We are programming the change of version for what they test in a servant demo
Servant of productively (current): sql 2000 SAP 2005A SP00 PL14
Servant demo: sql 2005 SAP 2005A SP01 PL46
On having fulfilled the upgrade throws the following mistakes
This entry already exists in the following tables (RITM ) (ODBC -2035) message 131-183
This entry already exists in the following tables (CUPC) (ODBC -2035) message 131-183
Later, it stays in the same patch requesting a new upgrade After fulfilling again the upgrade, it works, nevertheless we have detected significant differences in the quantity of records of the table RITM.
Before the upgrade; 39594 records in the table RITM
After 1er upgrade; 34760 records in the table RITM
After The 2nd upgrade; 46397 records in the table RITM
thanks fot your time
Luis Parra Valdivia
I dont know what was your procedure to do this upgrade, but what i did was:
1) Backup my SQL 2000 SBO 2005A Databases and saved it in a save place.
2) Format Server and Re-Install SO, that because i want to use all capacity of SQL 2005, like Reporting Services, Analisys Services, etc (and for Reporting Services, you need de IIS). So i want a pure installation of SO.
3) Install SQL 2005, Full Instalation
4) Install SBO 2005A SP1 PL10, this is because the PL10 is the first Service Pack for SBO 2005A, and if you jump from SP00 PLXX to SP1 PLYY where YY is grater than 10, you may experience some troubles, cause PL10 make changes to the structure of the database. So to upgrade from your SP0 PLXX to the SP1 PL46 you HAVE to pass through SP1 PL10
5) Restore your Database made in Step No. 1
6) Upgrade your databases to SBO 2005A SP1 PL10
7) Upgrade your databases to SBO 2005A SP1 PL46
Hope this help you