cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal incompatibility mode: iView is not compatible with your browser,..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created Portal-IView, which supported the properties on user agents msie> = 5.5 is set. Now I get an error message when I call the on portal. Now the question

how can I customize this message? I want to integrate a static html page for this one?

Error Message: "iView is not compatible with your browser, operating system or device. Contact your system administrator."

Can anyone help?

Best regards,

Dennis Breuer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

depends if you want to customize it locally for your application or globally for the whole portal.

1) locally means, if you have an AbstractPortalComponent overload the default method:

public void doBadUserAgent(IPortalComponentRequest request, IPortalComponentResponse response) {
    response.write("Wow! Your browser is not compatible!<br>Go and get another one!");
  }

2) globally - create AbstractPortalComponent with the above defined method. Let's say it the component name is "MyBadUserAgentComponent". In portalapp.xml define just ander "application" section a registry entry:

<application>
  <registry>
    <entry path="/runtime/prt.modes/badUserAgent" name="MyBadUserAgentComponent" type="component" rebind="true"/>
  </registry>
  <application-config>

deploy and check the entry in portal registry (System admin -> Support -> Support desk -> Portal runtime -> portal Registry Browser)

Let me know if that worked.

Romano

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Romano,

you are perfect. Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Dennis Breuer