Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintaining QI record?

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear SAPIENTS,

Normally whose responsibility to maintain QI record? Is it the reponsibility of purchaser or warehouse people who reciept the materials.

Normally what I feel the purchase department should maintain QI record because they know vendor, plant and material which to be procured.

Can anybody correct me if I am wrong?

Regards,

Kaushal Rai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yar

Generally Quality department used to maintain QI Record. They used to maintain QI record for Raw material ,Packaging material etc.

Purchase department used to maintain Source list(ME01) for approving the vendor for procurement activities,

Let me know if you need any info.

Jeny

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Francis,

QM fully is not implemented in my company. Its only upto MM. In my company there is no PP.

Only we are using quality for materials with some inspection types of material.

In that scenario can you whose responsibility it is purchaser or warehouse?

Regards,

Kaushal Rai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kaushal,

According to me you are correct partially. Off course the purchase person only knows the Material plant and Vendor combination for purchasing any material. But think why the Q - info comes into the picture, it is only because we want some control over the purchase / vendor of QUALITY Dept. If it is not required then just deactivate the Procurement check tick from QM View of MM and the Purchase people will free, because their relevant data are already get available from Purchase Info Record.

More then that apart from Vendor, material and plant there are all the fields which are purely quality relevant in Q - info record.

E.g.Release Data:- Latest date, on which the material for the plant can be ordered from the vendor.

Inspection control: Vendor's QM system and it's Validity Data. The block functions(most important), Source inspection. Etc etc.

Now to know the significance of each field I will request you to Post new thread and evaluate this thread by assigning marks to each participant according to their answers.

Conclusion: The q - info record should be under quality person's control. but off course the purchase person have to inform them to create it in formal way by providing them the Material plant and vendor combination.

The information of the requirement of q - info record from Purchase to Quality can be passed through the internal or SAP mail system.

Or the best way you can implement the SAP Business Work Flow for Q - Info Record creation.

Now to know about Work flow, I will request you to Post new thread (suitably in [BPM and Workflow Forum|;), and evaluate this thread by assigning marks to each participant according to their answers.

Regards,

Shyamal