cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOIO in Asynchronous RFC Call

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a scenario where a RFC has to be invoked asynchronously.

Scenario is file to RFC. But I have multiple files. The RFC invokes a BDC internally and there are some problems with parallel/multiple files invoking the RFC.

Is there a way to invoke the RFC one by one for the multiple files. I tried EOIO as QOS, but not sure if EOIO is with respect to delivering to the RFC or it will wait till the execution of RFC is over.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sudharshan N A

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kkram
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sudharshan

Did you try EOIO and see how the RFC adapter calls the function modules in the target system? If RFC adapters calls the function modules in qRFC, then the EOIO is honored and hence you wouldn't need BPM. I am not logged to my system to confirm this but I would suggest you to try this and keep us posted.

KK

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

EOIO is with respect to delivering of data only. It won't wait for completion. For such a processing, u might need BPM to wait for an ack after which u may post data further.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pratheek,

Thanks for the Info.

What is the type of acknowledgement that I should wait for?

Regards,

Sudharshan N A

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The RFC adapter actually supports only system ack and not the application ack. So the solution for ur scenario would be use of server abap proxy which in turns call the RFC. Advantage here is that proxy will support application ack.

Regards,

Prateek