cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver JDBC adapter parameter functionality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

What is the use of " Database Auto-Commit-Enabled (No Transaction Handling)" parameter in JDBC receiver adapter?

Thanks & Regards,

Purushotham

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member238007
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Purushotham,

This option comes under advanced mode in ADVANCED tab,

Which is used to commit the database without any transaction.. i.e if we do any transactions with the database such as insert, it will be in virtual table if we commit it goes to the table which we defined, so there we use commit statement to store in the table to process this statement automatically we may use this option, we can say more or less it is an authentication to commit with the database..

regards

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My requirement is " My database is using some other application. I should not insert new records when ever third party application is pulling data from the database. Once database is free then only i have to insert new records. How can i achieve this? Is this option will help me to do the same functionality?

Thanks & Regards,

Purushotham

former_member238007
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Purushotham,

If my understanding is correct...

u can assign a flag field addittion to the existing fields , so while updating the data from the xi system set that flag as default as NO, if once the records was pulled by the third party system make that flag as YES , it may differentiate in between the to be process and processed files ..

reply if any queries..

regards

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

Dont we have any predefined parameter in Receiver JDBC adapter?

Thanks & Regards,

Purushotham

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The functionality u require is already provided by the standard databases. So no need to handle it separately. Which database are u using? As I mentioned earlier, if ur database does not follow transaction property, only then u have to look for other options.

Regards,

Prateek

former_member238007
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Purushotham,

i think no processsing parameters exists which suits ur requirement...

In addition to this we have an operating system commands.. where we can clear the database before inserting the data.. using stored procedures.. it may solve it i think.

try to explore with this option

regards

Kishore

kkram
Contributor
0 Kudos

Purushotham

You should use the isolation level option in the communication channel for achieving this (Serializable being the highest isolation level). Check this link for understanding what an isolation level means.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isolation_(computer_science)

KK

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is just for preventing database inconsistencies. It is required only for those JDBC drivers that do not support transactions.

Regards,

Prateek