Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fair or not

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gurus

i need your suggestion on this small issue

i was selected in a company and they told that you are supposed to work on wm and mm and we would be giving you the training of wm as you are purely of mm background

once i have joined they told meon day one that no training and not even any data to study do every thing on your on and arrange the copyright material of wm then study and give results

then they told learn LE in a month with no support then after a month they told learn QM

so i was running from one module to another module and ultimately i lost confidence in mm either so i have left that organization after continously communicating with my seniros

still i am not able to find any way out

please suggest whether i have taken a right decision or not

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Incase you have got a better opportunity, in that case your decision is correct. If you have taken the step without Job in hand, in that case it would have been a diffucult decision.

Believe in yourself and scuccess will follow.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

i learnt one more lesson in this org. that you manager knows about your strengths and weekness better then you know about yourself and he will be striking on your weekness the day opportunity comes and this diffculty gives you an opportunity to face your week ness and to stand exactly in front of that and as there is no option of running away this time i assume you will become stronger as its human and natural tendency that for survival you will do any thing you can do.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is that in a kind of "What does not kill me makes me stronger" kind of way? Of course, there's always the "What does not kill me cripples me for life" possibility.

Some managers are bullies who will mercilessly exploit your weaknesses. Some will pile the work on, but if you stand up and say no, they respect that. Never allow yourself to be exploited. I've even met a few managers who were very decent human beings! Remember that once you get to a certain level, most managers have got there by being very good at politics - not by being very good at their work, not by being good at business, not by being popular or decent people (though they may be that as well).

It came as something of a revelation when I realised that executives are no better than me - they just have different goals and motivations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Never forget the manager's perspective in such cases. In smaller companies it's always possible that the skill they expected to be in demand actually was not. So they would rather not invest in something which does not seem to have buyers in the near future. Don't we cancel contracts, purchase orders in business? But yes, in such cases the onus is on the manager to reason with the reportee and earn his/her trust. And yet, the fact is that earnings and profit are the prime reason companies exist. Also, there's no clear right or wrong.

Bala

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you take on an employee, you take on the responsibilities. Hence the strength of employment law in many countries. Hence the demand for freelance staff, and the bouyant freelance market, in the same countries.

If you're not sure you need someone, take on a freelancer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

well the organization i am talking about is not an small org. it is worth more then 40 billion USD $

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What's that worth in a stable currency?

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have seen this all too often with let's just say "less ethical" consulting companies. They are actually bait-and-switching on both sides.....for resources,they will tell people anything to get them hired in (promises of training, TechEd/SAPphire, 4 day work weeks, bonuses, etc...lots of angles). Once in though, they will keep you "supposedly" too busy for you to be able to do any of that (except bonuses of course...some how you will never meet their "utilization" levels and never see the bonus promised). Then from the client side, they will place you ANY WHERE they can (hence you see how they kept switching you from area to area) and they will tell the client they are "bringing in an expert/guru" of course so they get you in there at a higher rate. Again...I have seen this MANY times and those kind of companies come and go.

You did the right thing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

i hope you are passing through some of the difficult times of your life.

what i would say is that if they decide to behave in an unprofessional way then you should had done the same to them,only then the company can realize their inability to deal with the human resources.

you may face an uphill task in your next interviews since you left the job,prepared to face the situation and be strong in your decision and dont repend at any cost.

if you ask me then the decision what you had taken is 100% right.

go a head and all the best

Regards,

Vijay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

what i am expecting is

what i did is i ran way from a situation(i feel this way and no matter what ever may be the reason becuase there are pepole in world who dont have access to any thing but they still achive what they are supposed to or they want to ).

i am open to the views adn critics of pepole and i want to know from you pepole what you would have done in a situation like i am in. because some one said to me that suppose you face same situation in next company then what are you going to do

and reason behind posting this thread is

some times you are in situation when you are bit confused and seeks the help of experts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

well from my experience, I would say you did it right. If you are not feeling comfortable, satisfied with your current job, look for another.

regards

Siggi

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sometimes, you should stand and fight. Sometimes, running away is the best option for your life and sanity. Especially when it's a fight where the cost of winning is too high, or you simply cannot win, or where there is no benefit whatsoever in fighting!

There's no shame in that.

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Sometimes, you should stand and fight.

Strongly Agreed with Mat.

@Rahul:You should try to turn thing around you.

Cheers

former_member187563
Contributor
0 Kudos
what i did is i ran way from a situation

If you are winning in the end then no one cares how you won.

So its not always that you have to fight for the survival..

Let sometimes give troubles a stare and let troubles to chase you instead you stand there and let troubles to disturb you.

And i just want to say you:

World is round and God is great.

We all believe in our fate.

You will see light once again.

keep smiling face the same.

cheers

GrahamRobbo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

So you left a company that did not live up to their undertakings and did not react effectively to your feedback - and your question is...

please suggest whether i have taken a right decision or not

The answer is - YES.

Cheers

Graham Robbo

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rahul,

It depends on you how you handle such strange situation.

i would suggest you to keep you cool and calm in this situation and donu2019t hesitate just try to turn things around you moreover your should try to convince your upper level or management that may be if they not put your self in your area of expertise than obviously you would not be able give your 100% potential that it worthy less to organization also. First their employeeu2019s satisfaction is must and they shout let work in their area of expertise.

Simply I would suggest you to just keep you cool and just wait and watch for a while and try to convince and let them know your upper level what kind of problem you are facing. If the organization is professional than defiantly they would take care your advice and react soon.

thats what my thoughts.

Wish You have great time ahead.

Cheers