cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

secLdap Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are trying to configure Lotus Domino Directory with BO 11.

we are having the following problems:

1) Anonymous bind gives us the error :

Error updating LDAP properties:The secLdap plugin failed to verify base dn. Please make sure this base exists and is accessible on one of the specified hosts.

We are able to query this ldap domino server properly from our host server using ldapsearch and anon bind.

2)On providing a credential(non admin user) we are taken to the configuration summary screen, and is asked to enter a Mapped LDAP Member Groups:

ON adding an existing group, we are getting the following error

Error updating LDAP properties:The secLdap plugin failed to get the dn for the group.

We already have configured the said domino directory with anon bind to other third party solutions.

Any help regarding this problem is much appreciated.

Our Domino server is on a Linux machine and version is 6.5.1

Our Test BO server is on a windows 2003 and is version BOXI R2

Regards

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

BasicTek
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Anonymous bind has not always worked out of the box, can you open a message with support to get an engineer to help troubleshoot?

Troubleshooting issues like this can be difficult, so that would be my 1st suggestion

Also can you try to set up the LDAP plugin with an LDAP account instead of anonymous bind? Any differences?

Regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Tim.

Anonymous bind works from our solaris server console by doing a simple ldapsearch to our domino server.

But when clicking on the finish button we get the error mentioned.

When we provide a LDAP Server Administration Distinguished Name it gets finished, but while adding a mapped LDAP Member Groups we the error posted in the second point of my opening thread.

We are going to open a ticket regarding this,but want to get some heads up before we do so.

Regards

Abhishek

BasicTek
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Well, It could be several things.

I'm thinking that our default attributes are not compatible with your LDAP settings, this would be a typical reason why you can configure the plugin but not add groups. To troubleshoot an engineer would need to trace your CMS or use a packet scan and a tool like softerra LDAP browser. While our default settings don't always work with every LDAP server the custom attributes section in LDAP will let us use whatever is needed.

Other than that I'm not sure what eles it could be but troubleshooting issues like this via forum is very difficult. (Not that I won't try).

Let me know

-Tim

Answers (0)